Monday, December 14, 2009

Primal Scream Showtime



Saw the Pixies a couple weeks ago.
They played "TAME."
I screamed along with Frank Black Francis every time, "TAME! TAME! TAME!"

I totally get Art Janov now.



Also saw the Butthole Surfers this year. What a treat. My favorite show so far, however I did accidentally drink too much before going and um...that takes a person too far out of the experience to really experience it. I go to experience the music. Some go to get wasted. Some don't know anything. Some don't care.





Who else? For such a crappy year, the music sure has been great. Oh yeah, The Sonics. How could I forget. Also going to see them in January in LA and San Francisco. I don't know why so many shows, but I am grateful.



Oh yeah, saw Spoon this year too. They were spot on perfect. Britt, even though he can be an asshole (which he was to Guy in the hallway pre-show) has a lot of control over his voice and can create a huge amount of contrast. Loud Quiet Loud. The photo is taken by a friend of a friend, Alan Hess. Isn't it beautiful? Wouldn't I love so much to be a rock photographer? Yes. Yes, I would.

The point of this post is screaming. I listen to music that is pretty scream-y anyway, and have found that cranking those sounds up and screaming right along, especially in the CAR is some pretty good therapy. Chuck Klosterman calls it CAR MUSIC and declares it THE BEST.

Yep.

No comments: