Saturday, March 17, 2007

The elusive Clementine

she's not so hot on getting photographed. after taking these she was pretty much done with me. she moves fast and often, a nervous sort. this is probably one of the things i sensed and liked about her when we met at the shelter. i always equate nervousness with sensitivity and sensitivity with intelligence.

guy is really trying to understand cats. to learn what the point of them is. i appreciate this greatly. he grew up on a farm with dogs and horses. he doesn't know how to communicate with her, but bless his heart, he tries.

she doesn't live under the bed so much anymore, so i do see signs of socializing happening. she looks almost identical to my syd, who died in december. the other day she was just walking across the living room floor and my brain said, "syd." before it said, "nope. clementine." it freaked me out. i don't know how my face looked, but i said nothing and guy looked at me and said, "did you think she was syd?" seeing her so young and alive makes it easy for me to forget that syd is dead. that he died in my arms, that i felt his body go limp and that he bit me just before he went.



No comments: