Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Everyone, and Daniel Johnston touring. Devil, too?



CRAZY BOY DOES GOOD
Never thought I'd see that. Hope no one lets him fly his own plane here. I've also found one may still acquire his art. Whoa! I want, I don't care anymore. (below)



NEW VENUE
I don't like "new." Not many do. I especially do not like "new" mixed with my "music shows." Saw my favorite band ever Sunday night. Got lost on the way to their East Bay (Beast in pig latin, for a reason) venue and missed five songs. 20 years playing in the City means the Beast show threw a major wrench in my well-oiled system. The theater held the sound too, like it tried to keep it to itself, up front, just above the guitars, not letting any escape into the audience into the big air, up above...no no no. The sound was kept local. This is no way to build a room with guitars. This is no way to build with sound.

Not to mention the chatter! Good god in heaven!! There was so much chatter...that's why I can barely remember a single song, or getting carried away. Unprecedented people having major discussions while Thurston wailed. To my right, to my left, right in front, the chatter never ended. GRRRRRR!



Two things: I could be this depressed (not leaving bed until an hour ago) because of the show and the disappointing circumstances and how much I was especially Looking Forward to the Show...or because I'm mental, and should stop arguing with the world about it.

Someone asked me how Sonic Youth was...all I could say was "Cross The Breeze" ripped.

"Cross the Breeze ripped."


(photo by SFDavidz)


IN CO.

Meanwhile my buddy, the Kid just saw/heard/felt his favorite music in the world - PHISH - at Red Rocks. The pictures he sent show him in front of the front row with a head fulla acid (slightly swollen). He took this picture of Trey Anastasio. He said his third eye got wide...I am envious.



My third eye got stepped on.

Coming up: in one month, WEEN in LA and in that same month, I will attempt to see the Youth in either Santa Barbara or Los Angeles. The whole Youth the whole Time. Following is the Butthole Surfers in October.

it's a full summer...who am I to complain? oh, that's right, ME!
(anhedoniac?).

No comments: