Friday, April 27, 2012

The last 15 minutes of work on a Friday
























I feel a bit lightheaded, maybe you should drive. Huge bats, all screeching...diving at the car...and a voice was screaming, Holy Jesus what are these goddamn animals...

I'm at work. It's Friday, but that doesn't matter because most days here are a ridiculous waste of time. Most work is, this excludes "being creative" which almost never happens at work. Especially in creative jobs. "Creative job" is a nice way of saying "everybody's bitch with skillz".

I pour a glass of red wine in a mug that reads “ I LOVE CAKE.” It’s for some show that probably doesn’t exist anymore, some reality show about a guy who makes cakes. Who cares. To me, it says I LOVE THAT BAND, CAKE. And, also, I AM NOW DRINKING THE CALORIC EQUIVALENT OF CAKE AND I LOVE IT.

This page I’m typing upon is supposedly some searchable SEO content about...

Look, I already got bored thinking about my job.

I tune back in to the Hunter Thompson documentary playing on youtube in some background window. Hunter’s voice calms me, I know that if I tune out, I’m not going to suddenly return to consciousness with bullshit battering my brain. It will still be Hunter, still making sense. This is very calming.

He says: it’s in the interest of the greater good if we just smoke a joint and calm down. My life will be easier and yours too if I smoke a joint.

I am grateful that Sober Guy recognizes this fact about me.

Ten more minutes...

1 comment:

Timm Carney said...

"I Love Cake", the band yes!!!