Tuesday, July 31, 2007

she's my favorite of all



when i was in college, i went out with a woody allen-type who introduced me to Annie Hall. i immediately loved diane. i wanted to be her. i imagined the woody-boyfriend and i were alvy and annie. i wished to be like her, funny, fluent, physical, wacky, cute. too bad woody-guy turned out to be such an asshole.

then i married a man who told me diane keaton would totally play me in a movie and it meant the world to me. this could be one of the actual reasons i thought my ex was The One. he saw the diane in me.

the only diane movie i have never seen is that recent one with mandy moore that got negative stars. i used to think i'd see anything with her in it, but it turns out there is a limit.

go rent Shoot The Moon. another lifelong dream of mine came out of this movie. besides being diane, i learned that my dream is to live in a big old creaky house on a big piece of property in marin county. i'm inching closer. this movie will make you want to build your own tennis court for sure. it also stars the wonderful Karen Allen, fresh from Indiana Jones.

No comments: