Thursday, March 27, 2008

Candied


life is pretty sweet right now. i just want to note that before i forget. i barely even notice the huge chore that getting up, blow drying and getting dressed is. maybe because i'm partially asleep. i get in the car and plug in my ipod. since recently every shuffle is playing the same songs every day, today i was specific. i chose In Rainbows starting at "nude." i leave my street, i cruise through town, i tell myself as a warning not to get impatient with the small amount of traffic i'm about to encounter until i get to san anselmo. i don't get upset. in rainbows is playing, i'm winding my way through a beautiful place, the car is warm and i feel fantastic. i get to my first stop every morning. i get up 15 minutes early to accomodate for it. it's the fanciest grocery store i've ever been in this side of Dean & Deluca. amazing, fresh, prepared food and rich, delicious peet's coffee awaits me there. i choose something for lunch. it's easy to see why the rich are never fat, besides being able to afford personal trainers. it's the food. it's well-prepared. it's lean meat. it's top quality and top quality is healthier. also the demographic that shops there requires this, so they must provide it. it's easy to stay on a diet with this as my lunch stop. no delis for me right now. i get my stuff, i go to the car. i sip my coffee and proceed to move easily and smoothly through the streets towards my short visit with the freeway. 1/4 mile down 101 and i'm done with her. back onto easy curving streets reminiscent of the car ride at disneyland. it's ridiculously pleasant. maybe it's pleasantville in a way. i get to work. it's quiet and unstressed. i sit down, read an email or two and dive into work that is all encompassing and entertaining for my brain. time goes quickly. when it's time for lunch i try to go outside where it's beautifully sunny and warm. i see thick clouds and freezing winds driving down on the city. hmm, i think. that really did suck.

No comments: