Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Head With Wings


two things about head. (unavoidable joke here - got one?)

1. guy has started teasing me about smelling "like head." he's talking about my unemployment practice of washing my hair every other day rather than every day. there's a smell. and it's head. very funny.

2. i had the roof down on the car all day. it was a sun-splashed drive into the city. god, this is such a gorgeous place to live. anyway, right when i got on the freeway, "Head With Wings" by morphine came up on ipod party shuffle. i glanced in the rearview mirror. yes, my hair was spraying out around my head on both sides. yes, it looked like i had a Head With Wings.

2a. one more story here. this is called perfect timing. on the day i got my license and sat behind the wheel of my car by myself for the first time, i plugged my ipod in and put it on party shuffle. yes, Beck's Golden Age came on with, yes, that beautiful first line that goes "Put your hands on the wheel, may the golden age begin." and the way he sings...you can just feel all the beautiful possibilities of the world spreading out in front of you and, like you can almost see the road turning gold. i'm sure there are more of those perfect timing moments, but that's all i got right now.

2b. i never want to live without a convertible in my life. better than vitamins.

off to wash my head!

No comments: