Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Cat Stays In The Picture


I've always been this way. when spaz gave birth to four male kittens in my 15th year, i chose one and named him "Ed." Ed was never going anywhere. this was never discussed or argued nor the subject even broached by my unrelentingly strict parents. sister N's choice kitten was given away and sister B was too young to choose one.

Ed was my buddy. i had no friends left at school. my parents had successfully eradicated all my social efforts that started in 2nd grade - through a steady series of "grounding" - so Ed's birth seriously gave me hope that i might make it out alive.

Ed went nowhere. Ed stayed for 15 years until he died of liver failure in 1999. i hope the new little harriet miller, aka harry eyeball, aka the New Yeti stays as long.

(please.)

No comments: