Monday, November 03, 2008

Guerilla Jones


I am so jealous of shepard fairey and have been ever since giant.

First of all, it was my plan to be the next jean-michel basquiat and the
next keith haring. I loved them more than life itself. What is so great
about them? They became famous by giving away their art. Not graffiti.
That's ugly. They ran around new york city creating beautiful art on walls
and garbage cans and subways. And then they got famous for it.

And that was my plan.

But it didn't happen.

And then shepard fairey came along with giant. He did the same thing.

And got famous.

I *almost* hate him (but I really just hate me for not trusting my
instincts).




and then there's the most subversive of them all (identity remains anonymous): banksy.

(photo above is of levees in new orleans)

No comments: