Thursday, October 30, 2008

"To Each Their Own."


my new friend H is never going to be my good friend H.
but that's alright.
so she likes to chat and has befriended me, which is compliment at the very least. we have nothing in common. we have negative in common we have so nothing.
but it's funny. she's sweet.
she listens to ALICE and goes to ALICE shows...
this weekend she said was
UNREAL.
she was standing right by my and BB's desks when she told the story.
she went to an oprah convention (no irony) and it was "so exciting!" because she and her sister found out somehow that oprah was going to be there even though she wasn't supposed to!!
and she adds, "more than anyone in the whole world i wish she was president. she is the best person in the whole world!"
so i asked, what happens at an oprah convention?
oh you know, all the famous people who work on her show are there giving seminars. like blah blah! "who's that?" i say. she says, Oh you know, from that show 'What Not To Wear' (pause for me to recognize. i do. i hate that show. i nod. she smiles.)
and she says "And blah blah was there..." who's that? i ask, "oh you know she's really famous, she's written like 20 books on spirituality."
then she flew to LA for a screening of the changeling and angelina was present and spoke and she just loves angelina, "she was so beautiful and well-spoken."

BB looks at me sideways with empathy and amusement.

then she asks about my weekend.

"well, on friday, i got home and my husband was passed out because he was up all night the night before recording crazy avant garde pop music. so i got bored fast. i ended up going to bed pretty early, but only because i smoked AN EIGHTH to my head. then saturday we got up and watched a movie. The Brave One, really good! we ended up just staying on the sofa watching on demand and smoking pot ALL DAY. that night my husband went to bed at 7:30 again and i got drunk. fortunately two of my friends came to keep me company. they snorted fat lines off the table so fast and hard, it scared me, but i didn't let it show. i ate a few vicodins that they scored in the tenderloin. i also downed two bottles of wine. WHOA. sunday night was the only time my husband and i left the house and it was to go out to eat. we went to the SP and sat outside. we ordered a bottle of wine and the seafood platter. i was dizzy from so many pills, but found recovery by escaping the television for the first time in three days. Showering helped too."

i'm not sure what made H. think we'd make good friends. she runs triathalons. i compete in smoke-a-thons.

is it my shoes?

4 comments:

Ginger Root said...

Yesterday I hosted a Halloween Party attended mostly by children under 7 and their parents. By 8:56 the last guest had left. Today I went to yoga, took a photo walk of the local foliage, and then went to a Sowain ritual up in the hills. Tomorrow: church, football and potluck hosted by "Interfaith Action for Healing Earth." Not a huge overlap with your weekend, but still you have a special place in my heart.

lou jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lou jones said...

so you're saying maybe i should swap out my micro for my macro?

lou jones said...

ps ginger root...we have a lot more in common than zero or negative zero. we have a strong base that is the same. maybe my micro lense isn't so out of focus, huh?