Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"and I'm cliimbing the staaairaiirway to hea-ven"



well, i guess i've never come out as a stair-lover. thought that was well-known but if my husband doesn't know it...i'm not so sure.

LOVE STAIRS. it's just another beautiful opportunity to apply design for the same purpose in many ways.

today friend T. sent me an email about his boyfriend buying him a knock-off Gropius bookcase. i don't know who Gropius is. i probably would have learned that in my fourth year of studying art. i don't know. bauhaus is something of a mystery to me.

my research led me to this.

and may i just say that on the TV show, Moonlighting, Maddie Hayes' home staircase blew my mind every week. ALL I WANTED as a 14-year-old was an awesome beautiful extensively insanely elaborate modern staircase. just like hers.

the other ALL I WANTED thing was Bruce Willis as David Addison. he was really sexy back then.

now i'm more into floating staircases or this kind of thing.

and guy. (twinkle twinkle)

(staircase above is sort of what Maddie Hayes' staircase looked like, but hers was longer, wider and more graceful with less verticality)

1 comment:

Ginger Root said...

FYI I have been watching your "Album Quilt" for like 5 minutes. It's mesmerizing. Also, I don't really want to write my sermon.