Friday, March 07, 2008

Injury Log #2: Portrait of a dying nail





the fingernail i partially ripped off three weeks ago is departing the surface of the skin underneath at an alarming and not-alarming rate. the fact that it's pulling up is uncomfortable, but the fact that it might not rip off entirely because it's still fully attached at the bottom, is worse.

it's been a long strange fingernail trip and i'm still on the bus.

other injuries since that time include a psychosomatic issue. for the last week i've been experiencing a vibrating under my left foot that feels like my cell phone going off. i have a lot of vibrating experiences in general though. in the past i could feel my uterus vibrating. not sure if the sickness was to blame, but it, like all the others, eventually disappeared with no explanation. like the time i went blind for 30 minutes at the Elbo Room, then took a #2 in the bathroom and immediately could see again. it was the shit that almost blinded me?

there's a chunk of skin that got taken off somehow right at the bottom knuckle of my right thumb. this has had a really difficult time healing because it's in a place that constantly gets scraped. hand slipped into jeans pocket: ouch.

2 comments:

aldahl said...

"it was the shit that almost blinded me?"

Oh my god, hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

I have almost fainted laughing!