Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Injury Log #5: the rash


1. so, the rash is still here. the toe rash. i thought i healed it with the decade-past-expiration-date medicine. then it came back on my toe and showed up on the palms of my hands. i told my friend A. about it, who gave me the medicine, and who also told me, i thought, of the "sourdough spore" fungus. turns out, she doesn't remember that at all, in fact, she has never heard of a sourdough spore fungus before. i was astonished to hear this. i so trust my visual memory, and i remember her voice and the inflections, and what her face looked like as she said it and handed me the medicine. but that's where memory gets weird. she said she never said that, never even heard of it. what crossed wires happened in my brain to invent this? maybe the same thing that saw a period in a particular sink hardware "call-out" on a "spread" at work, that was never there. saw it twice, changed every spread that had the call-out without the period. only to find out...there's no period there, never was. look, here's the email showing how there's no period there. the same email i made a sticky note about, and checked twice. "you see what you wanna see." or so they say.

i cross-referenced the medicine. it's a general purpose ointment...

we'll see tomorrow when i go to the doctor. A. swears she got it for eczema. i'm pretty sure i don't have eczema.

maybe i'm hallucinating all of it. nevertheless, it didn't show up in the webbing on my thumbs until she told me she used to get it there.

2. tripped pretty hard going up the brick staircase from the studio to the house. slammed my right knee directly into the edge of the second-to-last brick stair. had my laptop in my arms, with a fortunate nalgene bottle cushion right in front. both went slamming down. computer fine. nalgene fine. hand, has three small bruises right on outer bottom knuckles where bottle/computer slammed with all my weight behind. overall, a successful mission.

3. dreamed i had a huge scab right on my hairline. kept picking at it in my dream. woke up picking at nothing. at least we know this one isn't real.

No comments: