Thursday, April 17, 2008

Prime Time Punishment


when i was a kid i was grounded a lot. this meant no socializing whatsoever, not even at lunch. at lunch i was reprimanded to return home. at age 15, i was once grounded for three months - april, may, and yes, the first month of summer break. from my bedroom window i could hear football games floating over the atmosphere from my high school. that hurt. that was serious salt in my wounds. i also had two boy classmate neighbors, one on either side. when they were having parties, i'd sneak outside and watch/listen to them laugh and carry on through holes in the fence. seriously.

the funny thing about this pathetic story is some of the people i was overhearing in the backyards next door turned out to be my present-day best friends, and my ex-husband. and that's pretty cool.

i think of this as i sit at my kitchen counter in beautiful fairfax and hear football cheers floating just this way while i smoke fatties and do whatever i want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.