Saturday, January 17, 2009

When I first heard the band name "The Pixies," I thought, oh, well how cute can you get. EW.



had the house to myself the other night. drank ouzo, played the Pixies live DVD, danced around and then took pictures of the TV.

a few highlights...



an example of the energy that was absent from the last Breeders show.


i love when black francis just swings his guitar around rhythmically during "In Heaven."


and she said she was only a back-up singer in "that band."


almost nothing brighter than kim deal's smile. well, except like the sun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. I wish they would reform. The only out of body experience I have ever had (whilst completely sober) was at a Pixies concert at the Brixton Academy in 1990. Happy days.

lou jones said...

so sorry they haven't reformed in england. i assume that's where you're writing from.

the shows they played about two years ago were pretty pretty pretty pretty great. saw one in berkeley, nearly broke my nose slamming my face into the head of the girl in front of me as i rocked out.

i'm pretty sure it was during Broken Face and it was out of this world.