Monday, November 06, 2006

The Real McCoy




my best friend from 8th grade until high school graduation, said the first time she ever saw me, i was drooling.

it's probably true. i wish i could say it's because i'm incredibly relaxed, but for those of you who know me, that's a big laugh!

today during a meeting with the copywriting head lady and the other three writers, i took a sip of my rockstar right as the head lady said my name. it dribbled out of the right corner of my mouth and down the front of my cashmere sweater. i smiled, and in a dramatically ladylike manner with my pinky raised, rubbed the soda into my sweater and said, "yes (smile)...this is me." everyone laughed.

i feel like i'm making friends.

i've been told that i'm intimidating. i think it's my height and spinning brown eyes that hypnotize the weak. but i'm just a big dork, with a clumsiness factor of 105 and a tendency to laugh at everything. especially stuff that other people in the theatre don't think is funny.

i love it when people around me finally realize this and we can start making fun of each other. i'll volunteer myself for the joke anyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I would have laughed! Good one, you goof!