Saturday, May 31, 2008

My own room



made a studio today. for painting and writing and drawing and smoking while doing all those things. i have the intranet down here in the garage. guy was impressed. he said, "i don't know, i didn't expect it...to be this cool. i mean...it's a whole room!"

besides voracious cleaning, there was stockpiling of boxes like for the flatscreen tv and the kitchen chairs. i made a fake wall with upholstery remnants hanging ceiling to floor. i pulled out some of my favorite art. old stuff. got to see my paintings again, some of which i really like. not so much a surprise that the subject matter is largely rock star portraiture.



see the reproduction, above, of patrick nagel's "Rio," the record cover for duran duran. the date on it reads 6.85. one of my first graphic pieces. ha.

sitting in this room is a wonderful reclamation of my wild, single days when i spent all my time in my loft smoking pot, listening to music and making stuff. yay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got posters on the wall
My favorite rock group KISS
I've got Ace Frehley
I've got Peter Criss
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

In the garage
I feel safe
No one cares about my ways
In the garage
Where I belong
No one hears me sing this song
In the garage

I've got an electric guitar
I play my stupid songs
I write these stupid words
And I love every one
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

Anonymous said...

YAY Club Beth