Monday, March 09, 2009

Complimentary, my dear Watson


the best compliments i ever got.

1. "you're underrated and perfect." - classmate in response to one of my improv sketches in college.

2. "it's really really good. it's a beautiful piece of art." - guy, in response to a photo i've taken.

3. "it's art. it's not just an attempt at art." - my ex-husband, in response to my new painting.

4. "i can't wait to read what you'll write next!" - many friends. and, like wow.

it seems fair to say i've got it pretty good. must remind myself of this. our friends are a mirror. they show us what we look like. my friends are so talented and kind and broad-scoped and widespread and gifted! it's hard for me to believe they'd "belong to a club that has me as a member*."


what are your best compliments? that you can remember? everyone has them. it's important to remember.


*woody.

2 comments:

metalwendy said...

i think you have given me most of my compliments. you and toby. thanks lou, they're hard to come by. thanks for letting me be a member

Alien said...

"That's one big tallywhacker!." --Jenn Rabe, 1987