Friday, March 27, 2009

You can't keep a good girl down (especially one with authority issues)



i have been put in lockdown at work. i have been told that as a freelancer, exclusively, i am no longer allowed online except between the hours of noon and 1pm, "the typical lunch hour, so nothing will be misconstrued by those who walk past you."

i have been told that when there are lulls - as is the nature of catalog production they can last for days - i should flip through catalogs! that I MADE and know INTIMATELY.

this is severely limiting my Jones writing and my research into everything i love which gives me ideas for the Jones.
this is making me behave as a child (passive aggressive) since i'm being treated as one.
this has me back on the road to finding my own company and work so i can be done with this office bullshit.

this has me, you guessed it, going back to work on the hole behind rita hayworth's head. bit by bit, i'll find a way out of this prison.

digging.

(when i called my agent at the placement office which got me an interview here, and told him what has transpired, he begged me to hang on and gave me a raise.)


dig.

No comments: