Friday, July 07, 2006

It's Survival Girl



there is definitely a part of my personality that is survivalist. i have always carried a very large bag filled with junk and stuff i will need someday like bandaids.

then there have been the more odd items: in the 80s there were always two tangerines knocking around with my high school books and makeup bag, in the 90s it was a water bottle sharing space with cigarettes and now, in the 2000s, it's a bag of lettuce.

if you ever see me walking down the street and you want a salad, it's your lucky day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about the tangerines. I did know about the HUGE bottle of Excedrin that always seemed to be within reach. I love the whole salad idea. One never knows when the urge to eat some greens will strike.

lou jones said...

how could i have forgotten about the Excedrin? that one lasted years. the tangerines were during the Excedrin period, they were like a tan-gent.

(oh sorry.)

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha! Oh, and the vitamins you were able to shove up into your palate because of its narrow nature? Weren't they Vitamin C tabs?

lou jones said...

holy crap, man, you remember everything. i totally forgot about the vita c tablets. i tried to explain this to guy...he was just further convinced of my insanity.

Anonymous said...

Well, you provided fascination at every turn. Oh, I also remember the little creek think there off of Valley View...and we'd go swimming there. You had a one piece bathing suit with red/white stripes and stars. When we'd get home from being out there and you took off the suit, you'd have very clear star prints on your body...you'd TAN through the suit! Very ahead of your time. I thought that was wild!