Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Raise



today marks one year i have been at my current jobby job. it is time for me to get a raise. will i get a raise? or will this job be like so many others and say, Nah, I don't think so, with a possible expansion of "We don't have the money/Not now, we will talk in 3 months." ??? oh, do tell, which will it be ??? i'm simply breathless.

the process is thus: forms have been given to me to fill out evaluating myself with a number system. there is also an essay question. THEY will then evaluate me on a scale of 1 to 5 in several categories and write an essay. then i will be given their evaluations of me and they will get mine. then the next day, we will have a meeting about all the numbers, the difference between our numbers and the words we use and the difference between the words we use and what it all means in reference to money.

when i asked what sources would be used to completely evaluate me i was told, the two managers i have now, the ex-creative director, the project managers and the account execs have/will all contribute to my evaluation. they are not intereviewed per se, but they have been consulted over time and notes have been taken about me.

i wonder if it's as entertaining as my psych file. or exactly the same!!

as i looked over the forms and positively nodded, saying OK! Sounds Good! Alrighty Then! and other faux-enthusiasms indicating i have no reason at all EVER to believe i am anything but a stellar employee, i noticed many typos and grammatical errors in the copy. should i red-pen these when i hand it in? wouldn't that be funny?!

my other thought was, maybe i'll just fill it in using Pink Floyd lyrics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd personally go with the Pink Floyd lyrics. That would be great. Talk about creativity!