Monday, October 02, 2006

Driving Record



i drove this morning. had to, to help guy...long story. but whenever i drive, it is the only thing that matters that entire day. it's all i can feel. it is so frightening and i can't explain why, why i have this disability, but here it is, my very short driving record:

1. 1987, age 17, drove a mazda around norcal farming town for 10 minutes, never crossing any main roads.
2. 1988, age 18, drove a gigantic sedan of some sort across town in norcal farming town, about a 10 minute drive.
3. 1989, age 19, drove a chrysler lebaron 10 blocks in san diego.
4. 1994, age 24, drove a saturn around santa cruz. i was very high and nearly crashed because i thought i was sharing thoughts with a driver in front of me.
5. 1995, age 25, drove a saturn on a mountain road on the way to tahoe because my sister, who had been driving, had passed out at the wheel. was high then too.
6. 1997, age 27, drove a chrysler lebaron on I-50 heading towards tahoe for 20 minutes, first time using an on- and off-ramp. also set record for holding breath.
7. 2005, age 35, drove some rental car sedan across the rental car parking lot.
8. 2006, age 36, drove a chevy cobalt down 20th street to valencia in san francisco to help boyfriend out. not high, but very early in the morning.

i've never had a license. do i want one? hmmmm. not sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why no license? Didn't you ever want or need to drive? Where I grew up, if I didn't have a car I would be stuck at home or at Gene's house all the time. I didn't have a car in college or or when we first got to Baltimore (couldn't afford it). But I had Guy to drive me around. What do you have instead of a driver's license to prove you're 21, etc.?

Anonymous said...

We HAD main streets in that No CA farming town? Oh, wait! Yes, we had MAIN Street...there was one...you've given me the giggles now...