Thursday, May 04, 2006

an angel named steve



this morning i got news that my angelic landlord, steve just lost his partner of 43 years to liver cancer. tim was only diagnosed two months ago. steve is a man who allowed me to continue living in his house without paying rent for three months when i was unemployed. he attends my halloween parties dressed as a landlady. he is a one-of-a-kind, hilarious and special man. he once sang and danced on Broadway in a production of Damn Yankees. he told me a great story of the show producers having to bring in a real baseball player to teach him how to swing a bat. steve is tall and handsome and was a model in the 50s? or 60s? he is gracious and graceful. i love steve. he's the best. i know he'll be ok, but i really can't imagine the feeling of this loss.

43 years together. i want that.

3 comments:

aldahl said...

Shit! Tell Steve I am so sorry (even though I'm sure he doesn't even remember me). Steve is the absolute best landlord I have ever known.

lou jones said...

crazymonkey, who are you?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.