Monday, May 01, 2006

Day 6: Lake Powell and Crosby Canyon



oh
my
god.

2.5 hours on jetski, weather calm at 72degrees. This day I had some of the most fun I have ever had. Got up whenever, guy emerges from tent naked – stretches, proud of his half-rod boner, laughing at ability to be naked outside. I am already up, drinking bottled starbucks and writing. We take our dumps on pre-determined (from night before) shit hill, talk about checking out Lake Powell boating situation, do so. Get jetski.

Blast into the future so hard that at the end of the trip my thighs are bleeding from seat friction and from holding on so tight. We explore through canyons leisurely. I hold guy, I kiss his neck from behind, I tell him this is my favorite thing ever, we kiss. We are so high on sun and fun. We plow through wakes, we get splashed by a wave so hard we can't see for a few seconds. The water is 55degrees, guy starts yelling in exaggerated whoops for several minutes. We are so overwhelmed and stoked on our location of plateaus in red and our speed of 45mph, we can't help but scream. We are sunburned, bleeding and ecstatic. It is simply unbelievable how much this rules. As we jump waves, I hold on for dear life and think about how much I love holding on to my baby at high speeds, be it motorcycle, ATV or jetski.

When we're done we get a 12-pack, a sandwich and some aloe and we return to our home in the canyon. Crosby Canyon. This is a 20 minute drive on two dirt roads where no one else resides. I never want it to end. I want to live here, taking dumps on shit hill where we bury our waste, where there are no sounds, no fear and nothing but what we want 24/7.

I sit in the canyon and think. I can't believe I could be at work right now, tortured by innumerable aggravations in the city, in the soul suck. I linger on this thought for 60 seconds and then give it no more. I've got beer to drink and crazy rock formations to scramble over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»