Saturday, October 04, 2008

beck confession



"watch all my troubles unwind
drinkin gasoline and wine"


sigh, remember when beck was cool and not scary? (read page 3, paragraph "Patch In: Scientology," he contradicts himself at least 3 times re: jeremy blake) i hate to say that about a man i worship.

just went to check out beck.com to find some lyrics and found only this. now i'm trembling in my ankle-high boots.

he used to have a really cool site, always changing, always beautiful. his new site is like an infomercial, a driver's ed movie from 1983, a saltine with no salt. his personality has been surgically removed.

it begs the question. what's going on with him? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH BECK?



meanwhile he continues to write ridiculously enjoyable songs year after year. love the gamma ray video:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I try to go to beck.com, I get taken to modernguilt.com. You have to (I think) go through the Links from there to get to beck.com. How did you end up at mtv.com? Not doubting you, just marveling.

lou jones said...

thank you candy. that is a relief. there it is. the beauty.

lou jones said...

about mtv: i google for whatever i want, then click on whichever listing appeals to me the most for whatever reason. i don't pay a lot of attention to where it takes me. and i'm not sure why posting an mtv lyrics listing is a marvel...

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant you went to beck.com and somehow got rerouted to mtv! that was what I was marveling at. :)