Thursday, December 07, 2006

"Black Irish Lovah"

likin' my people. i was told a long time ago by my bio-dad, a storytelling man, that we are black irish, Iberian and Irish. ever since i told him, guy has greatly enjoyed calling me, endearingly i admit, his, "black irish lovah."

what i am is scots-irish (newer spelling...scotch is a drink, not a people, my bio-dad told me a few days ago, however, it is said that while the scots appreciate this sensitivity, they prefer "scotch" used in two ways, "scotch-irish" and "scotch-whiskey"). therefore, i will say the scotch-irish were cool people. they were against slavery and had "independent spirits, adventurous personalities and restless natures...loyalty to kin, mistrust of governmental authority and military readiness*" all of which describes me. especially the restless part, and if military readiness means "ready to fight." then yeah, that's me.

basically what my heritage comes down to is that i'm white white white, as i am also english. i am glad my skin is on the dark side though, Iberian dark, if for no other reason, than it's the opposite of george bush and i tan well.

No comments: