Saturday, December 16, 2006

She must have been drunk, high and confused

i wore my L7 wifebeater to work the other day, tastefully covered up with a nice sweater, and the little L7 logo peeking out the top.

i found out who the rockers at my work are, always nice to know. one guy told me he saw L7 in galveston, tx, where he's from, and "the singer picked up on me. she was really going after me." i told him, "uh, well, she's a lesbian. i don't get it." i asked him, "two of them sing, it wasn't suzi gardner, the straight one?" no, he says, no, it was the leader.

i didn't know what to say. i can't explain it but if it turns out that donita sparks, the raddest, most hardest rockin' woman of all time, turns out to be bi, or god forbid, straight, my whole image of L7 will be a little bit blown. i mean, this woman wrote the line, "got so much clit, i don't need no balls."

1 comment:

Mansard said...

Funny post! I never thought of Donita as being a lesbian... I guess I always wished she was because it's always nice to have lesbian role models like Joan Jett... but whatever persuasion Donita is, I really dig her energy.

And you can't necessarily believe what you read. Guys are always posting stuff on the internet hinting that they had a fling with her or whatever... of course a guy is going to post that. The internet is just like a locker room.

I read in the late 90s that she was engaged.... Well here it is the 00s and I'm engaged, but I'm gay.

I guess we'll never know. At least she seems to be gay-friendly. And that's cool.