Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's all about health, ok, i believe it now



a 35-yr-old woman who used to work as i writer where i work, died today. they say she had a headache one day and cancer the next. she was married. there are tears everywhere. my boss, who has become my friend, is taking it hard. i went into her office this morning and, even though she was on her cell, i grabbed her hand, put a valium in it, held her hand for a moment and whispered those three important words, "i'm so sorry." she immediately started bawling. it's because she was grateful and felt that relief you feel when someone recognizes that you're hurting and holds your hand or says they're so sorry. i read this in her eyes in a split second and then left the office before i lost my shit too. but i don't talk about that anymore.

my wish for all my loved ones this year, is something i used to think only old people say: your health is the only thing that matters.

here's to your health.

No comments: