Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Bio-dad Experience



(Conversation today with my friend who lives in Rhode Island.)

me: guy and i are thinking of going to new orleans and surrounding areas to party and see my bio-dad at christmas and new year's.

RI friend: is guy ready for the (Bio-dad) Experience?

me: he's seen the video. BIO-DAD, THE MOVIE.

RI friend: Bio-dad in real life is way more exciting than he could ever be on TV! He is a hoot. You are oddly lucky to have him.

me: i hope bio-dad doesn't scare him. i hope he doesn't think to himself, 'so that's where she's headed.'

RI friend: you are safe when it comes to guy seeing bio-dad and thinking that is where you are headed. He's met your mother and you aren't headed to being her either!

(me: phew. and that's what you call dodging two bullets with one stone.)

No comments: